Saturday, February 1, 2014

Lauren Listens

Yesterday I received an email from one of my followers asking for my advice on a few things, which gave me an idea. I'm now going start doing a new series of posts, "Lauren Listens", where I will be accepting emails from you all! Names will be kept anonymous and I will ask permission before posting. click here to email me!
"I absolutely love your blog! If possible, there are two things that I would like advice on - college and shopping. My two difficulties right now. I am a freshman in college and becoming stressed/over whelmed. Mostly when it comes to binders and organization. Do you have any tips? Shopping - every girls favorite, but mine! Lately, I usually have been wearing leggings, brown boots and a north face. I feel like this does not express who I truly am. What I would like to wear, looks awful on me (I think so anyway). I feel comfortable wearing leggings, boots and a north face but it is boring. I attempt to wear something else and I am uncomfortable and just want to hide. Do you have any tips?"
My biggest tip to stay organized and avoid getting overwhelmed in school is to be sure that everything has a place! EVERYTHING. I like to use one binder for all my classes so that I don't have 4-5 binders laying around, by downsizing to one folder you can also cut out the chance of grabbing the wrong one & being stuck in class without your notes. In the back of my binder I keep a pocket folder to stick hand outs & other papers that aren't hole punched, don't let this folder pile up! When you get a chance, punch holes in them and then put them into their place. For computer work I suggest creating a new folder for each class so you can save papers & other assignments into their own place. My last tip that seems a little silly but really helps me is using pretty school supplies! I was never good about writing things down in an agenda until I used a Lilly Pulitzer one, now I am eager to write in it!
I would never try to talk a college girl into giving up her leggings, I probably wear them 3-4 days out of the week. Most days they are more valuable than gold. I think it is important to feel comfortable while sitting through classes & let's face it, what's more comfortable than leggings? But they don't always have to be boring. My super easy go-to outfit recently has been a plaid button up (usually from a thrift store) with a vest over the top, leggings & maybe a cute statement necklace. It looks like I put effort into getting ready & it feels super comfortable! Here are a few examples of how I like to wear my leggings : )

❥ Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment